[GRASS-windows] problem with v.distance in Windows

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun May 25 16:48:02 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 21:20, Jonathan Aguero-Valverde wrote:
> Ok, I am using Vista ~I know, I know, I shouldn't but it came with my
> laptop
> :-(
> Anyway this is the debug portion we need:
>
> D1/3: dbln file: D:/GRASS_DB/Wa_pg_ft/jaguero/vector/cent_g/dbln
> D1/3: dbln: 1 public.cent_g cat host=localhost,dbname=thesisWA,port=6543
> pg
>
> You see the port was hardcoded just not by v.distance but by grass itself
> in
> the dbln file.

Yes, I should have asked you to check v.db.connect -p on the relevant map...

> I moved this database and the grass LOCATION from a pc
> where
> the PG port was 6543 to another PC where the port is 5432.
>
> I manually change the port in the dbln file and IT WORKS NOW!!!!!
> Is there a way to change all the dbln files at the same time?

I don't think so. You will have to write a little script which loops
through all your vector maps (cf g.mlist) and changes the connection info
with v.db.connect. Depending on whether they are all linked to the same
database this will be more or less straighforward.

Moritz