[GRASS-windows] d.* commands alternative for scripts?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 5 21:23:38 EST 2008

The fact that d.* commands are not available in winGRASS
has been discussed already but I am wondering what can
be used to display or at least save images in very simple scripts
(e.g. to automatize doing homework assignments) such as
this

http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/lteachtest/GIS_anal_grass/erosion.sh
or the version without display is like this
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/lteachtest/GIS_anal_grass/
erosion_comp.sh

We have started to use msys cli and simple scripts for some tasks
and students really like it, especially for their projects
but automated image output would be a great help. I am wondering whether
I am missing something here,

thank you,

Helena

P.S.  "how can I get d.* or something similar
running on winGRASS?" is usually the first and most persistent
question I get, even from people who were informed that they should
use GUI
or who are used to ArcGIS