[GRASS-windows] Georectify problems

Ken Mycock ken.mycock at charltons-mackrell-adam.org.uk
Wed Nov 26 10:47:58 EST 2008

I'm new to GRASS and am slowly learning my way around.  I've been trying
to georectify a raster scan of a historic map to add to a mapset based
on modern Ordnance Survey data to compare the topology over the
intervening 200 years.  However, whichever way I try I end up with
errors and no rectified output.

Using the georectify tool, I have established seven GCPs and have
verified that they are in a POINTS file.  However, whenever I click on
either the RMS icon or the rectify icon it throws an error window
"WARNING: bad format in control point file for group [Orig_Inc in
PERMANENT]  ERROR: Not Enough Points -- 3 are required" (I'm trying
first order to begin with).

Then I tried using i.rectify from the command line in the output window,
via Run (GUI), hoping it would use the POINTS file already created.  I
successfully completed all the fields in the dialogue, including using
the browse function to select the Group, but when I click Run it throws
an error in the Output window: "Group Orig_Inc at PERMANENT does not exist."

Any suggestions to move on with this essential part of my project?

Ken