[GRASS-windows] GRASS MSYS Console problems

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:38:00 EDT 2008

Hi Maxim,

> Unfortunately we were unable to run grass63 -text using your solution.
> Still
> getting the message: Redirection is not supported. I wrote "we"
> because at least 3 other people confirmed the same behavior.
>
> This is what I did:
> 1. Moved grass63 from GRASS\msys\home\C\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\
> to GRASS\msys\home\USERNAME
> 2. Removed .grassrc6 from GRASS\msys\home\C\Documents and
> Settings\USERNAME\
> 3. Removed .grassrc6 from C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\
> 4. Ran GRASS MSYS Console
> 5. Entered grass63 -text

Ops... I get the same problem too.... and I don't know why. Unfortunately at
the moment I'm too busy to investigate on that.
Please, keep in mind that, if you need to run bourne shell commands or
self-made scripts through a unix-like environment, you can launch the GRASS
MSYS console and lauch GRASS (simply type grass63 and enter); once entered a
GRASS session, selecting the location and mapset using the GUI, you can
always run line commands using the (still active) MSYS session.
The second option (recently preferred by the development community, and me
too) is to run line commands using the native GRASS command line (DOS, cmd).

Regards,

Marco