[GRASS-windows] whitespace bug?

Stefan Muthers stefan.muthers at zamg.ac.at
Wed Oct 22 07:02:23 EDT 2008

Hello Marco,

Marco Pasetti schrieb:
>> When I import shapefiles with whitespace in the pathname, I get an
>> error message.
>
> No. You simply typed the wrong command!
> Use the command GUI or type:
>
> v.in.ogr 'dsn=C:/Dokumente und
> Einstellungen/user/Desktop/Daten/Bsp/Example.shp' output=line

yes, I forgot dsn=, when writing the mail.  The GUI was a good hint. In
Grass the dns parameter needs to be enclosed by {}

$ v.in.ogr {dsn=C:/Dokumente und
Einstellungen/muthers/Desktop/Rauigkeit/shapes/Example.shp} output=test

In Qgis your command works.

But the v.in.ogr command should be only an example.

I figured out, that in general there s a problem when using a grass
workspace with whitespace in the path.
For example:
  - copy the workspace from above to C:/Dokumente und
      Einstellungen/muthers/Desktop/grass
  - open it with grass

$ v.db.addcol map=test columns='test INT'

ERROR: value <und> out of range for parameter <driver>
        Legal range: dbf,ogr,pg,sqlite

but

$ echo ' ALTER TABLE test ADD test INT' |  db.execute

works.

regards
   stefan