[GRASS-windows] Mosaic and georectify commands in GRASS GIS 6.3.0

Peta.Wright at csiro.au Peta.Wright at csiro.au
Thu Oct 30 20:44:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am a new user of GRASS GIS 6.3.0, and have been experiencing a few problems with some of the commands.  Specifically with the mosaic and georectification tool.  I have been trying to mosaic 2 rasters together however I keep receiving the following error message:

Mosaicing two images...
syntax error, unexpected '@'<mailto:'@'>, expecting '='
Parse error
C:/GRASS/scripts/i.image.mosaic: eval: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
C:/GRASS/scripts/i.image.mosaic: eval: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
cat: P:/CSE/_SustainableRange/Hymenachne/Peta's: No such file or directory
cat: folder/Sample_Images//colr/2518_2006CK at PERMANENT<mailto:folder/Sample_Images//colr/2518_2006CK at PERMANENT>: No such file or directory
C:/GRASS/scripts/i.image.mosaic: eval: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
C:/GRASS/scripts/i.image.mosaic: eval: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
cat: P:/CSE/_SustainableRange/Hymenachne/Peta's: No such file or directory
cat: folder/Sample_Images//colr/2519_2006CK at PERMANENT<mailto:folder/Sample_Images//colr/2519_2006CK at PERMANENT>: No such file or directory

Ready. File 2518_2006CK at PERMANENT.2519_2006CK@PERMANENT.mosaic<mailto:2518_2006CK at PERMANENT.2519_2006CK@PERMANENT.mosaic> created.
Illegal filename. Character <@> not allowed.

I have also tried to create the mosaic by omitting the @ symbol from the image name - this appears to create the file but then fails to draw.

My other query is regarding the georectification command and how I should interpret the forward and backward RMS error? With other GIS programs, the total RMS error has been given as one number.  When I try to georectify the image furthermore, the program freezes.  So I am also wondering whether I need to compress the images before rectification? I have been using approx. 50 MB images.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Peta Wright