[GRASS-windows] r.sim.water

Stefan Frerichs frerichs at bkr-ac.de
Thu Sep 11 04:16:43 EDT 2008

Hello winGrass-users,

when trying to calculate the overland flow by a heavy rainfall on a
elevation-rastermap in winGrass 6.3 with r.sim.water, i get the
error-message "Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend Speicher vorhanden"
(it's a german version) = "For this instruction sufficient memory is
missing" (as babelfish translates). Following are the parameters i use:

r.sim.water -t elevin=dgm at mapset dxin=dgm_dx at mapset dyin=dgm_dy at mapset
rain=surf_fractal_d50 at mapset rain_val=50 infil_val=0.0 manin_val=0.1
depth=dgm_depth disch=dgm_disch niter=10 outiter=5 diffc=0.8 hmax=0.3
halpha=4.0 hbeta=0.5

dgm_dx and dgm_dy are calculated by r.slope.aspect, surf_fractal_d50 by
r.surf.fractal with some raster-calculation to get only positive
rainfall-rates in a realistic range. It's my first attempt to run
r.sim.water to see, how it is working and how do the results look like.

I'm working with WinGrass 6.3 on a WinXP Pro, Pentium 4 with 2.8 Ghz,
2.5 GB physical Ram and around 2 GB virtuell Ram.

Searching in the list doesn't help me so far. Please, can someone give
me a hint, how to solve the problem to run r.sim.water successfully?
And, please, be patient with me, i'm more user then programmer ...

Greetings and thanks in advance
Stefan