[GRASS-windows] r.sim.water

Stefan Frerichs frerichs at bkr-ac.de
Fri Sep 12 04:59:33 EDT 2008

Hi Markus,

I have imported a elevation IMG to Grass and get the following DEM:

 | Layer:    dgm at mapset             Date: Wed Sep 10 11:35:01 2008    |
 | Mapset:   Mapset                 Login of Creator: stefan          |
 | Location: Location                                                 |
 | DataBase: Path/DLM-D                                               |
 | Title:     ( dgm )                                                 |
 | Timestamp: none                                                    |

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 255     |
 |   Data Type:    FCELL                                              |
 |   Rows:         964                                                |
 |   Columns:      1202                                               |
 |   Total Cells:  1158728                                            |
 |        Projection: Transverse Mercator                             |
 |        N: 5652051.21010544    S: 5627951.21010544   Res:    25     |
 |        E: 2540019.37538876    W: 2509969.37538876   Res:    25     |
 |   Range of data:    min = -263.843994  max = 299.535004            |
 |   Data Description:                                                |
 |    generated by r.in.gdal                                          |
 |   Comments:                                                        |
 | r.in.gdal -o input="Path\dgm.img" output="dgm"                     |

>From here I set the region-settings to the DEM (as seen in my post to
your further inquiry) and build up dgm_dx and dgm_dy with r.slope.aspect:

r.slope.aspect elevation=dgm at mapset format=degrees prec=float dx=dgm_dx
dy=dgm_dy zfactor=1.0 min_slp_allowed=0.0

Into the region I build a fractal map as model for a heavy rainfall (as
described in my first inquires) with this result:

 | Layer:    rainfall_d50 at mapset    Date: Thu Sep 11 10:10:37 2008    |
 | Mapset:   mapset               Login of Creator: stefan            |
 | Location: location                                                 |
 | DataBase: Path/DLM-D                                               |
 | Title:     ( rainfall_d50 )                                        |
 | Timestamp: none                                                    |
 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 255     |
 |   Data Type:    DCELL                                              |
 |   Rows:         964                                                |
 |   Columns:      1202                                               |
 |   Total Cells:  1158728                                            |
 |        Projection: Transverse Mercator                             |
 |        N: 5652051.21010544    S: 5627951.21010544   Res:    25     |
 |        E: 2540019.37538876    W: 2509969.37538876   Res:    25     |
 |   Range of data:    min = 2.787233  max = 83.784941                |
 |   Data Description:                                                |
 |    generated by r.mapcalc                                          |
 |   Comments:                                                        |
 |    surf_fractal_max300 at mapset / 179.030000 * 50                    |

With this input I try to calculate the overland flow with r.sim.water

r.sim.water -t elevin=dgm at mapset dxin=dgm_dx at mapset dyin=dgm_dy at mapset
rain=rainfall_d50 at mapset rain_val=50 infil_val=0.0 manin_val=0.1
depth=rainfall_depth disch=rainfall_dish nwalk=0 niter=10 outiter=5
density=200 diffc=0.8 hmax=0.3 halpha=4.0 hbeta=0.5

with the well-known result ("Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend
Speicher verfügbar") and r.sim.water-crash.

As a variant I doesn't use the fractalmap rainfall_d50 at mapset, but then
r.sim.water crashes without a message.

When you (Markus) like to repeat my tries I can send you a link to a
ftp-server where you can download my data at all are a specific map
alone (only to Markus at this point, sorry to the list). My only
assumption, why r.sim.water not functioned with my data is, that the
rasters are too large ...

Thank you very much for the time, you spend so long with my problem
Stefan

Markus Neteler schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Stefan Frerichs <frerichs at bkr-ac.de> wrote:
>> Hi Markus,
>>
>> g.region -p have following output:
>>
>> rojection: 99 (Transverse Mercator)
>
> ouch!
>
>> zone:       0
>> datum:      potsdam
>> ellipsoid:  bessel
>> north:      5652051.21010544
>> south:      5627951.21010544
>> west:       2509969.37538876
>> east:       2540019.37538876
>> nsres:      25
>> ewres:      25
>> rows:       964
>> cols:       1202
>> cells:      1158728
>>
>> ("rojection" sic!)
>
> (That's very strange, cannot trace any broken word like this in 6.3.)
>
>> The Map-Unit is meter, as the elevation-raster comes in Gauß-Krüger
>
> ok. While I have a GK location, could you send the instructions to
> repeat your example? Or package up the location with relevant
> maps only for a test?
>
> Markus

BKR Aachen                     Kirberichshofer Weg 6
Castro & Hinzen                D-52066 Aachen
Stadtplaner, Umweltplaner      Fon +49 241 47058-0
                               Fax +49 241 47058-15
Amtsgericht Essen PR 43        www.bkr-ac.de