[GRASS-windows] OSGeo4W installer: problems with the tcl/tk-GUI (GRASS 6.4.0RC3) on W2k

Martin Mainzer martmai at gmx.de
Thu Apr 9 08:36:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

I just installed the GRASS6.4.0RC3 with the OSGeo4W installer on my
windows 2000 machine.

Within the tcltk-GUI it is not possible to select a map within the project:
I clicked 'Add vector layer', then on the icon in the lower part of the
GIS Manager 'vector map to display'. Within the following pop-up window
there are no maps listed. With the 'g.list type=vect' command entered in
the GIS.m window, all vector maps are listed as expected. And it is also
possible to show the maps by entering the names of the maps in the
'Vector map'- field in the lower part of the GIS Manager. Just selecting
with the icon is not possible.
Is this a windows 2000 problem or a bug within the GRASS6.4.0RC3?

Another error occurred working with the tcltk-GUI:
Using the 'Show attribute data' button within the 'GIS Manager' window
the following command is sent to be executed:
db.select table=veg_buffer_1_dissolve
database=D:\daten\GISDataBase/demolocation/PERMANENT/dbf/ driver=dbf
For this command I get the following error in the output:
# BMI-DBF driver error:
# Cannot create dbf database:
# D:datenGISDataBase/demolocation/PERMANENT/dbf/
# Unable to open database
# <D:datenGISDataBase/demolocation/PERMANENT/dbf/>
Notice: the \ are gone!
By correcting the command manually (backslash to slash) to:
db.select table=veg_buffer_1_dissolve
database=D:/daten/GISDataBase/demolocation/PERMANENT/dbf/ driver=dbf
everything works fine.

Martin