[GRASS-windows] winGRASS 6.4.0RC2-2 now with wxpython (OSGeo4W installer)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 25 10:34:17 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
>> OK, we have to investigate. It was reported to
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/37
>> perhaps you can add what you found out about g.mlist?
>
> As it says in the ticket, GRASS needs to be compiled with regex
> support.

[I have notified the current packager, Juergen]

> Should configure[.in] be modified such that --without-regex generates
> a warning that GRASS will be almost unusable? Or should it just become
> a mandatory dependency?

In OSGeo4W it is present but probably not yet compiled:
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/regex/

If regex is common on all operating systems which we "support"
(Linux, Mac, Windows, Solaris, ..?) I'd vote for mandatory dependency.

Markus