[GRASS-windows] cygwin grass 6.3.0 cannot type in grass63 text window

Rick Thompson rthompson1743 at att.net
Mon Jun 1 21:39:58 EDT 2009

Hi all,

                I'm reinstalling grass 6.3.0 on my d drive after installing
Image Majick killed my XWin. I also ran into permissions problems attempting
to delete the entire setup and start over. Now I'm back to getting the text
and tcltk gui windows appearing as usual, but I cannot type into the text
window and type commands manually or run scripts. I did see a notation on
the XWin issue to add '-nolock' to the XWin line in grass63.bat. Without
this flag I get an XWin.0.log problem that says 'Fatal server error:  Can't
read lock file /tmp/.X0-lock' .

                I'm using XWin 1.5.3-7 (xorg-server: X.Org X Servers) that's
replaced the previous, obsoleted XWin .

                Also, is there a 'symptoms' page somewhere that shows what
wrong when various install error messages or events occur?

Thanks in advance.

Rick