[GRASS-windows] Re: Anisotropic buffer for polygons?

Brian Krzys cokrzys at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:43:35 EDT 2009

OK, seems like attachments are not working out of g-mail or with the list
manager, here is the question again without an attachment:

I am trying to use v.buffer to create anisotropic buffers around polygons,
and it doesn't seem to work.  Example command included below, and error
message attached (in original post).  I am running 6.4.0 on Win XP.

v.buffer input=AltPolys at MAPSET1 output=t1 distance=500 minordistance=100
angle=45

The ability to create anisotropic buffers seems like a great recent
addition, and I am using it quite effectively for points, maybe just isn't
setup for polygons?

Thanks, Brian.