[GRASS-windows] WinGRASS Cygwin error#2

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Wed Jan 13 08:16:04 EST 2010

Greetings Neteler
I got this error:
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:/Program Files/Internet
Explorer/iexplore.exe
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Internet
Explorer/iexplore.exe
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

WELCOME TO GRASS              Version 6.4.0RC5         2009
( ... )
Starting GRASS ...
*Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC5/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py", line 33, in
<module>
    from gui_modules import globalvar
  File
"/usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC5/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/globalvar.py", line
55, in <module>
    CheckForWx()
  File
"/usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC5/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/globalvar.py", line
44, in CheckForWx
    except (ImportError, ValueError, wxversion.VersionError), e:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'wxversion' referenced before assignment
Error in GUI startup. If necessary, please
*Switching to text mode now.
Hit RETURN to continue...

And now? :)