[GRASS-windows] regular wingrass builds

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Jan 22 05:11:05 EST 2010

hi

>   Here at my win7 locale winGRASS installs only if I right click on the
>installer and say "run as administrator", otherwise just double clicking
>results in the installer going through the installation files while
>skipping all of them. Not sure if this feature can be enabled by
>default.

I know this (right-click and run as admin for installing) also from the most other software
that I've installed on my WinVista-box. So I think it's not GRASS-specific,but a Windows issue.

And I'm not sure that double click and install should be default?

Other than that, it seems to be working fine when installed in
>the default "Program Files" folder (will keep you posted on this).
>
>Is there any task in particular that has trouble with spaces in
>installation path? I may try to test those and see what happens.
>
>To perform day-to-day updates, should I just run the new installer and
>give it the same default target folder?

the installer should recognize the older version of i.e. Grass64svn and update the installation.

>Kind regards,
>Luigi

best regards
Helmut___________________________________________________________Haiti-Nothilfe! Helfen Sie per SMS: Sende UIHAITI an die Nummer 81190.
Von 5 Euro je SMS (zzgl. SMS-Gebühr) gehen 4,83 Euro an UNICEF.