[GRASS-windows] Problems with running a '.sh' script in GRASS 6.4

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon May 24 17:15:48 EDT 2010

MJS wrote:

> I am quite new to using GRASS, I have been trying to find documentation or
> help in getting a user made script to run.  I understand I have to add this
> to a library of such scripts within GRASS, but unfortunately have don't know
> how to do this.
> The script in this case is called "demheaderconvert.sh" and simply modifies
> the header of an ASCII DEM to a different format.  I am currently using
> GRASS 6.4.0 under Windows XP pro.
>
> Can you give me any tips on what I should do regarding this?

If you're using MSys' shell, you should be able to run shell scripts
directly.

>From a Windows command prompt (cmd.exe), you can specify the path to
the interpreter, use the %GRASS_SH% environment variable (which should
be set to point to MSys' shell), or associate the .sh extension with
MSys' shell.

To make a script usable from the GUI, it should be installed in
%WINGISBASE%/scripts, with a suitable batch file in %WINGISBASE%/bin
(look at any of the existing batch files in that directory for an
example).