[GRASS-windows] can't start GRASS-error setting the coordinate system?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Nov 22 04:56:47 EST 2010

Hi,

>On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 4:44 PM, cove_adrian
>< wrote:
>>
>> And even tried the OSGEO version (400kb). Installed with advanced mode
>> (pretty complex and difficult) grass 6.4.0.2. (from desktop tab) and from
>> Libs - gdal and gdal-grass plugin.
>>
>> Same errors, even more now.

I've downloaded the official WinGRASS-6.4.0-1-Setup.exe from http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/native/

and tried to create a new location with epsg-code 31700, but I can't reproduce the error, the location is created. the same

with osgeo4w-delivered wingrass64, also there the location is created.

in http://www.spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/31700/ there's noted that epsg 31700 is deprecated and epsg 3844

should be used instead.

can you try the latest nightly build of wingrass64svn from http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/wingrass/grass64/ and try again it again

with epsg 31700, 3844 or just any another epsg-code

which windows-version is used: WinXP, WinVista, Win7, 32bit, 64bit etc.?

best regards

Helmut
WEB.DE DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit
gratis Notebook-Flat! http://produkte.web.de/go/DSL_Doppel_Flatrate/2