[GRASS-windows] Re: v.in.ascii fails with long text file in WinGRASS-6.4.0-1

Luigi Ponti lponti at inbox.com
Mon Sep 20 13:22:41 EDT 2010

On 14/09/2010 17:34, Luigi Ponti wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> [...]
>
> Ticket created.
>
> Any ideas? A change introduced in 6.4.0-1 has rendered WinGRASS
> unusable to me [...]

Thanks for the work on ticket #1159 http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1159

I am wondering if there is a way by which I can restore v.in.ascii
functionality in 6.4.0 until a fix is found for the problem. I am
probably asking an unsound question: is there a way to compile the code
in the state it was before the issue arose? During the first half of
this year, Windows installers based on 6.4.svn snapshots have run
smoothly for critical job tasks, and I have started to rely on them.

Kind regards and thank you,

Luigi