[GRASS-windows] Re: Re: Problem with compilation of GRASS 7.0 SVN on Windows 7

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Oct 10 17:18:26 EDT 2011

>2) How can GRASS GIS installations (compiled with MinGW) be uninstalled?
With OSgeo4W I got e.g GRASS
> 6.4 but I can't find it under programs in the system settings (for
> deinstallion) neither can I find an uninstall
>file. Probably I just looked over it but maybe you can help me. This is
especially interesting when I want to
>compile and install/uninstall several GRASS version for testing.

when you are compiling and building within the osgeo4w-build-environment,
the binaries are installed in
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass

here on my box, there are i.e. following folders in the directory above (can
be different, depending what you have compiled for your own):
grass-6.4.0
grass-6.4.1
grass-6.4.1svn
grass-6.5.svn
grass-7.0.svn

but there is no system-wide installation (including an uninstaller), the
binaries are only C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-X.X

if you are svn up the source and want to be sure that there isn't any
possible mixing binaries between several compiling cycles, just switch -
before starting a new compiling session - into i.e.
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.5.svn in the osgeo4w-msys-shell and do /rm
-rfv */  for deleting all binaries and  then switch back to
C:\OSGeo4W\usr\src\grass6_devel for a new compiling session.

HTH
Helmut