[GRASS-windows] Re: Compiling WINGrass 7.0SVN

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Thu Oct 13 05:05:27 EDT 2011

Hi again,

of course I can help with improving the wiki. I just got the login
and now I have to find out how I can add/remove/change the text in the
compile-grass-for-windows page...

Your hint with copying the content from the subfolder helped.
What I did now was:

Copying the content of the subfolder: bin, share, include and lib
into the same folders of C:/OSGeo4W. In some cases there where already files in the parents folders with the same name. In such cases I skipped
the copying of these files.

I run the configure/compile process again... and I got a new output, so it seems the flex/lex is now at the place where it should be (no problem anymore)

Now my new problem is with the external Proj.4. I got following error in the package.log (the last lines):
checking for iconv in -liconv... no
checking for iconv in -lgiconv... no
checking for libiconv... no
checking for libiconv in -liconv... yes
checking for socket... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
configure: warning: *** Unable to locate socket() function.
checking for location of zlib includes...
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for location of zlib library...
checking for deflate in -lz... yes
checking for location of External PROJ.4 includes...
checking for proj_api.h... yes
checking External PROJ.4 version... 480
checking for location of External PROJ.4 library...
checking for pj_get_def in -lproj... rm: cannot lstat `conftest.exe': Permission denied
rm: cannot lstat `conftest.exe': Permission denied
no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate External PROJ.4 library.

I found http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ where it is possible to download a windows prebuilt executable. I didn't proceed yet as I don't know if proj.4 has to be installed also a special way within the osgeo4w folder...

As there isn't anything stated in the wiki, I'd guess that the installation and how to of proj.4 should be added.

Thank you
Johannes