[GRASS-windows] Re: Compiling WINGrass 7.0SVN

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon Oct 17 14:49:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

Am 17.10.2011 18:28, schrieb Glynn Clements:

>>> At:
>>> 	http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/versions.html
>>>
>>> the package is listed as "libxdr". I don't know if that's the name
>>> shown to the user. Other common names are "rpclib" and "sunrpc".
>> Yes, libxdr is shown to the user when using the osgeo4w setup. The
>> thing is that libxdr(4.0-1) is already installed (I checked and
>> there is also a xdr.lib in c://osgeo4w/lib but I still get following
>> error in the package.log:
>> checking for xdrmem_create... no
>> checking for xdrmem_create in -lsun... no
>> checking for xdrmem_create in -lnsl... no
>> checking for xdrmem_create in -lrpclib... no
>> checking for xdrmem_create in -lxdr... no
>> configure: error: *** Unable to locate XDR functions.
>>
>> Is that a different thing from the XDR-libary?
> That's XDR.
>
>> Attached there is also my config.log which probably
>> provides some additional information.
> Yep:
>
> configure:4592: checking for xdrmem_create in -lxdr
> configure:4609: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2    -I/c/OSGeo4W/include  -Wl,--export-dynamic,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc  -L/c/OSGeo4W/lib -L/osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-7.0.svn/mswindows/osgeo4w/lib conftest.c -lxdr -liberty -lws2_32   1>&5
> c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: warning: --export-dynamic is not supported for PE targets, did you mean --export-all-symbols?
> c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../crt2.o:crt1.c:(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `__dyn_tls_init_callback'
>
> This indicates a problem with the compiler or linker. The exact same
> error occurs for every other test (except those which fail for some
> other reason). The XDR check is just the first one which aborts the
> configure script.
>
> Some brief googling suggest that this is related to a version mismatch
> between various components of MinGW. You might want to try
> uninstalling and reinstalling MinGW, or possibly installing an older
> version.

Before I want to uninstall/reinstall MinGW some questions:

1) There is a C://MinGW directory existing. I don't know if that was
created by the Osgeo4W setup resp. the procedure according to the
wiki. It is also possible that this is from older trials (I think some
months
ago a procedure with installing MinGW etc. was mentioned somewhere, and
I followed but stopped because it seemed to complicated for me)
So this can be also old remainings (the C://MinGW folder)  which may
conflict.
If it is the caseof old and maybe interfeering remainings, how can they
be uninstalled?
I ask this as there is no possibilty for me in windows to uninstall it via
the Control Panel -> Programs and features.

2) @Glynn: How can I uninstall and reinstall MinGW correctly in Windows? Via
the Osgeo4w installer? If yes which parts?

There are these three parts according to the wiki, and all of them were
downloaded
last week.

  * *mingw32-make* from here
    <http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw32-make-3.81-20080326-3.tar.gz>

  * *mingw-runtime* from here
    <http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingwrt-3.15.2-mingw32-dev.tar.gz>

  * *mingw-utils* from here
    <http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz>

3) @ Helmut: All the files are now copied. Copied folders are merged and
in case of already existing files the were replaced. I did that now
again for
all manually downloaded packages (msyscore.....w32api,bison...readline).
So according to the wiki everything should be in place. But that doesn't
solve the configure problem. Still the same error.

/johannes