[GRASS-windows] GDAL/OGR with GRASS vector support

Brian Sanjeewa Rupasinghe jinkabs at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 10:23:23 PST 2012

Actually i wanted to read GRASS vector Geometry with Python OGR bindings.
When i open the Vector file with ogr, it does not exist and Python
interpreter gave the error shown below (see Python code as well). Then in
GRASS GUI at command line i typed ogrinfo --formats to see if OGR vector
formats; GRASS available, but it is not found.

from osgeo import ogr
ds = ogr.Open('D:/UEL/GrassGISDB/SLD99/LBS/vector/CluterCleaned/head')
layer = ds.GetLayer(0)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
    layer = ds.GetLayer(0)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetLayer'