[Gvsig_br] Fwd: [Gvsig_usuarios] Sextante video tutorials

Eliazer Kosciuk eliazerk em gmail.com
Quinta Maio 12 04:09:17 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mario Carrera <carrera_marrod em gva.es>
Date: 2011/5/12
Subject: [Gvsig_usuarios] Sextante video tutorials
To: Lista de Usuarios de gvSIG <gvsig_usuarios em listserv.gva.es>

Hola,

reenvío información sobre nuevos vídeos de Sextante.

Saludos,
   Mario

************************************

[from the SEXTANTE blog]

Maybe you have already realized that I have changed the
sextantegis.com website. Instead of redirecting to the OSOR wiki, now
it redirects to a minimalistic nice-looking web page, which is, IMHO,
much better and more practical.

If you go to the website, you will also see that there is a link to
our brand new YouTube channel. I have already uploaded 13 video
tutorials (around 3 min each), and plan to add many more in the
following days (I try to do 1 or 2 each day...). I am recording them
in english, in order to make them useful for everyone (I absolutely do
not like my accent, but I hope you find them interesting anyway ;-) ).

Here is a quick list of all the ones that I want to have ready soon:

-the toolbox
-the parameters window
-the output region tab
-output channels
-Results
-tables
-configuration
-history
-capturing points
-the graphical modeler
-modeler inputs
-modeler inputs(II)
-modeler algorithms
-saving and configuring models
-batch processing
-batch processing(II)
-batch processing from open layers
-Numerical results
-Iterative execution of algorithms
-Basic operations with raster layers
-Focal statistics
-Local statistics
-Geomorphometry
-Geomorphometry(II)
-Hydrology
-Hydrology(II)
-The raster calculator
-Using masks
-Overlay operations with vector layers
-Dissolving vector layers
-Basic spatial statistics with vector layers
-Basic transformations for vector layers
-Basic transformations for vector layers(II)
-Creating profiles
-Creating a raster layer from a set of points
-Creating a density layer

Many more can be added to that list (and you can be sure that I will
do it), but I would like to have your opinion. Is there anything that
you would like to see there? Any process that you would like me to
document in a video? If so, please feel free to tell me. I think video
tutorials are great and easy to make, so all suggestions are welcome.