[Ica-osgeo-labs] GIM Article

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Aug 23 06:03:10 PDT 2013

Hi all,

(Returning to email after being away from it for four days). I agree with
Helena -- we wanted more authors listed and we tried to make that happen.
Thanks everyone. Good news on the webinar efforts, too Suchith!

Charlie

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Suchith, Michael
>
> thank you for the hardcopy of the GIS article, it looks great.
>
> I would like to make a little correction about the authorship - although
> only myself and Charlie are listed as authors,
> this is due to the limits that GIM puts on the number of authors (only two
> are allowed) - the article was really an effort a group of people,
> mostly from this list - so thank you all for contributing and thanks to
> Mike for making it happen,
>
> Helena
>
> On Aug 21, 2013, at 5:27 PM, Suchith Anand wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am happy to share the short article about the ICA-OSGeo labs written
> by  Helena and Charlie which is published in this month's GIM
> International.  Special thanks to Mike Peterson (University of Omaha and
> chair of ICA's publication committee) who helped coordinate  to make the
> article possible. Also thanks to all members who contributed for this
> article. It is a really good overview especially for those outside our
> network to understand what we are doing and join our expanding network.
> >
> > Suchith
> >
> > This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee
> and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message
> in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do
> not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in
> any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this
> email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.
> >

> > This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an
> attachment
> >
> > may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer
> system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications
> with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK
> legislation.
> >

> <GIM0813_FeatureMitasova.pdf>_______________________________________________
> > ica-osgeo-labs mailing list
> > ica-osgeo-labs at lists.osgeo.org

Charlie Schweik

Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Department of Environmental Conservation - http://eco.umass.edu
Center for Public Policy and Administration - http://masspolicy.org
Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government - http://ncdg.org
Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545
Outsmart Invasive Species project: http://masswoods.net/outsmart