[Ica-osgeo-labs] Teleconference - request for change of meeting time

Serena Coetzee serenacoetzee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 23:04:43 PDT 2013

That sounds like a plan. On our standards projects we have also learnt that
there is no single time slot that suits all parts of the globe.

Regards,
Serena

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Charles Schweik
<cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu>wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> It is great that you want to participate in this. This is hard to find a
> time that works for the entire globe. We've tried this before with OSGeo
> edu meetings. But it is a nice problem to have!
>
> Unless someone has a better idea, Suchith, my suggestion is that we have
> monthly meetings that shift between West and East so that our friends in
> Australia and other countries in that region can participate. We then
> record the meetings so whatever time zones can't make it can watch the
> meeting that they missed.
>
> So in short, two different time zone meetings that shift monthly?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charlie Schweik
>

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Chris Pettit <cpettit at unimelb.edu.au>wrote:
>
>> Dear Suchith and all,
>>
>> We at the Melbourne University are keen to become more involved in the
>> labs and the associated meetings. I am looking forward to meeting a number
>> of you in Dresden.
>>
>> Wondering if if it might be possible to move the meeting time to at least
>> 3 hrs earlier?
>>
>> Currently 14:00 UTC is midnight in Australia. A 9pm meeting or earlier
>> would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Chris Pettit, PhD
>> Associate Professor
>> Strategic Implementation Coordinator, AURIN
>>
>> Level 2 West, Alice Hoy Building
>> University of Melbourne 3010
>> AUSTRALIA
>>

>> T: +61 03 9035 4379
>> M: 0422 301 832
>> E: cpettit at unimelb.edu.au
>> W: www.aurin.org.au
>>

>> On 30/07/13 2:31 AM, "Suchith Anand" <Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I have summarized today's meeting minutes at
>> >http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA_OSGeo_Lab_Network_2013-07-29#Minute
>> >
>> >Please feel free to add/modify as needed.
>> >
>> >Luis Bermudez  - your idea of creating  training materials using GitHub
>> >and to setup a process of regular updates to the  training materials is
>> >excellent. We look forward to work with you on this.
>> >
>> >Maria - good work on leading the COST proposal. I am sure it will be a
>> >excellent bid.
>> >
>> >Thanks all for attending and it was good to talk to many of you today.
>> >
>> >Also thanks to Kim and Phillip (GeoTech Centre) for hosting us.
>> >
>> >Our next telemeeting is planned on  5th Sep (Thursday) at 14:00 UTC.
>> >
>> >Suchith

Serena Coetzee

Geography Building 3-5
Centre for Geoinformation Science, Department Geography, Geoinformatics and
Meteorology, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X20, Hatfield, 0028, South
Africa
email: serena.coetzee at up.ac.za Web: www.up.ac.za/cgis
Mobile: +27 82 464 4294 · Tel: +27 12 420 3823 · Fax: +27 12 420 6385