[Ica-osgeo-labs] "Geo for All" education mission is now launched

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 1 01:39:56 PDT 2013

2013/10/1 Suchith Anand <Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk>:
> When in February is the exact OSGeo Formation day?  If August (being holiday for most of Europe and US) is not the best time or have "Geo for All" day, we can think of OSGeo Formation day to be the "Geo for All" day. Of course, we will be using the OSGeo day to celebrate the achievements of Sol Katz and all pioneers who helped to shape OSGeo.
>
> Suchith

It was 4th of February[1].

But let me be more explicit. February is as bad as August and for the
very same reason, it's holidays on many southern countries. I've just
asked a Paraguayan colleague and he confirmed me the first two weeks
of February are still summer holidays.

If we really want to have a "Geo for All" we need to select a date
where most of schools and universities are opened, no?

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/History
--
Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org