[Ica-osgeo-labs] Moving our collective research endeavors forward - wiki research expertise inventory

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Oct 2 08:41:19 PDT 2013

Dear ICA-OSGeo lab network nodes,

Some of you might remember that we did an early survey of teaching and
research interests last February. I went through the 14 surveys we received
and created this wiki page:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA_OSGeo_Lab_Research_areas

I plan to do a similar effort on the Teaching Interest side.

For those labs not listed, I respectfully ask that you visit the wiki page
above and add your lab (and your name) under any CORE RESEARCH areas you
work on.

After we get this list established, I am thinking we then can turn to
listing key research questions lab members think are important under each
area.

In short, please add your lab's expertise to this list (you need an account
on the wiki to edit). It is a very interesting list so far.

Thanks,

Charlie Schweik

Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Department of Environmental Conservation - http://eco.umass.edu
Center for Public Policy and Administration - http://masspolicy.org
Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government - http://ncdg.org
Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545
Outsmart Invasive Species project: http://masswoods.net/outsmart