[Ica-osgeo-labs] ISPRS TC VIII Mid Term Symposium and the Annual ISPRS and ISG Conventions, Hyderabad

Anjana Vyas anjanavyas at cept.ac.in
Tue Dec 16 21:49:12 PST 2014

Dear Suchith,
Thank you so much for giving opportunity to establish OsGeo Lab at CEPT
University. We are celebrating 1st Anniversary of the Lab at CEPT
University.
As a part of *annual celebration* of Lab we shall be displaying the work on
20-21 December in University campus. The students have done Slum Mapping.
One slum in the city of Ahmedabad, India was selected. The students have
visited this slum, carried out GPS survey, collected dwelling unit level
information, type of housing, accessibility of toilets/ bath, accessibility
to open space,  household level demographic information, work-home
distances, children education and use of medical facility, their spending
behaviour, migration patter. Participation of the slum dwellers was seek at
every time we visited the site. The children of the slum were shown their
houses and landmarks where they are staying, their school and play grounds
on map. Thematic Maps and the analysis carried out in GIS environment which
are useful for the municipal authority to add the facility to the slum for
the slum up-gradation. This is a result of 25 students and 3 faculty
members' (Ms. Binadi Shastry, Mr. Hardik Panchal and myself) work for 15
days as a part of winter school. Special mention of Mr. Niraj Jani who has
helped us in&out from SAATH (an NGO).
I shall send you the display material, one we are through with the
exhibition.

I thank you for Congratulating on the occasion of me receiving National
Geomatics Award for Applications.

With best regards.

Anjana