[Ica-osgeo-labs] UNIGIS webinar on "Making Maps from OpenStreetMap Data", June 10, 17:00 (MEZ)

SERGIO ACOSTA Y LARA sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
Mon Jun 2 07:41:36 PDT 2014

Great!

----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Stefan Keller" <sfkeller at gmail.com>
Para: "ica-osgeo-labs" <ica-osgeo-labs at lists.osgeo.org>
Enviados: Viernes, 30 de Mayo 2014 8:08:31
Asunto: [Ica-osgeo-labs] UNIGIS webinar on "Making Maps from OpenStreetMap Data", June 10, 17:00 (MEZ)

Dear ICA-OSGeo Labs Members

I was invited to give a short online lecture as announced below.

Prof. Stefan Keller
---
Geometa Lab HSR: http://www.ifs.hsr.ch/Geometa-Lab.12520.0.html?&L=4

Visit us also at GEOSummit 2014, Booth HSR Geometa Lab (C10), June 4./5. 2014, BernExpo Bern: www.geosummit.ch

UNIGIS webinar on "Making Maps from OpenStreetMap Data", June 10, 17:00 (MEZ)

UNIGIS International regurarly provides webinars - so called u_Lectures (*). At June 10 17:00 MEZ Prof. Stefan Keller is speaking on "Making Maps from OpenStreetMap Data". Registration is now open: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/179829006

This presentation explains how to make a map with an own style given some amount of cartographic knowledge. The combination of freely accessible worldwide established OpenStreetMap (OSM) data and open source tools empower people to do their own cartographic visualization. A core element of this presentation is a handbook with selected software tools and programming scripts. First we go through the steps and tools needed to produce a basemap or a thematic map supported by a gallery of predefined styles. Then we look at related aspects of preprocessing like database (tag) homogenization and cartographic generalization.

(*) u_Lectures are presented by invited speakers from academia, the GI industry, public administration, NGOs and other actors in the field of Geoinformatics and GIScience. Available primarily to UNIGIS alumni and active UNIGIS students, this online lecture series serves as a professional and academic 'updating' opportunity within a generic 'lifelong learning' framework. For general information on UNIGIS, visit http://www.unigis.net