[Ica-osgeo-labs] "Open Geospatial Science & Applications" webinar series - speaker nominations

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Wed Mar 12 10:06:29 PDT 2014

On 07/03/14 21:06, Eduardo Freitas wrote:
> Hi Suchith
>
> Thanks for your kind words
>
> Lluis: please confirm the the date for the next webinar (OSM)
Eduardo,

Here it goes an abstract about the webinar. If you need something more,
please, let me know.

Best regards,
Lluís

-------------------- abstract -------------------

OpenStreetMap is much more than a set of data. In this webinar, we would
like to show a good portion of the possibilities that OSM offers.

The webinar doesn't consists of a full inventory of tools and
techniques, but is intended to offer a first approach to the OSM
universe. We want to put the basis, and to establish a starting point to
explore all the possibilities by yourself.

We will see, first of all, what data can we download from OpenStreetMap
and how it can be downloaded in a personalized way, employing
customizable criteria. In addition to downloading, we'll look at other
tools that add value to OSM: editors, importers to databases,
geolocation services, image rendering, routing algorithms, etc.