[Ica-osgeo-labs] Google summer of Code reunion

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 23 09:17:40 PDT 2014

As Suchith has mentioned, GSoC is a great opportunity for students to
participate in open source software development. OSGeo has been a
participating organization for many years and several of our labs have had
their students funded for summer through GSoC.
This is the 10th anniversary of GSoC and there is a mentor summit and a 10
year reunion
in San Jose, CA starting today. OSgeo delegates are Hamish Bowman and
myself and we are bringing two students who participated this year for the
reunion.

If anybody on this list managed to get selected for participation or will
be there as delegate for a project outside OSGeo, please let us know (you
can just send me an email) so that we can meet and organize a session for
the un-coference and also let others in the FOSS community know about the
geo4all initiative.

Helena

--
Helena Mitasova