[Ica-osgeo-labs] Next steps for "Geo for All" expansion

Rania Elsayed ranyaalsayed at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 08:09:24 PDT 2015

Dear All
I include these slides in my presentations and the word "open" in my
courses

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Suchith Anand <
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> On behalf of "Geo for All" we are pleased to welcome you to FOSS4G India
> -2015 in Dehradun , India (June 9-10th, 2015). It is great pleasure that
> colleagues in our first OSGeo lab to be established in India at IIIT
> Hyderabad  have played key role for this. Details at
> http://lsi.iiit.ac.in/foss4g2015/
>
> Keeping pace with our global geo education growth plans
> http://www.osgeo.org/node/1505 , it is important that in addition to the
> regional conferences , for example FOSS4G-Europe
> http://europe.foss4g.org/2015/  for our European labs; FOSS4G NA
> https://2015.foss4g-na.org  for our North American labs, FOSS4G-Asia
> http://europe.foss4g.org/2015/  for our Asian labs etc., we need to have
> country specific FOSS4G conferences established as this helps us to arrange
> meetings of the national research labs coinciding with the FOSS4G national
> conferences  for accelerating research and teaching collaborations between
> our labs in each country. So i call upon all colleagues globally to start
> planning FOSS4G conferences in your country to meet local needs.
>
> We will also arrange presentation for "Geo for All" at any
> conferences/events globally to share the Geo4All vision to all .Any one
> interested are welcome to download the presentation slides available at
> http://www.geoforall.org (link below the map) , translate etc and present
> it to spread the Open education message strongly to all universities.
> Combining the potential of  Free and Open Source software, Open Standards,
> Open Data, Open Education Resources, we are now offering education
> opportunities to nurture and develop Open Minds in students globally for a
> better planet and better future for all…
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Suchith

> University of Nottingham.

> permitted by UK legislation.

Thanks & Regards
Rania Elsayed Ibrahim, PhD. Computers & Information
Researcher,
Division of Scientific Training & Continuous Studies,
National Authority for Remote Sensing & Space Sciences, Cairo, Egypt.

*23, Joseph Tito St., Nozha El-Gedida, Cairo, Egypt.                  *

*P.O.Box: 1564 Alf-Maskan       *

*Tel:  (202) 26225832, 26251200      *
*Fax: (202) 26225832  *