[Ica-osgeo-labs] Hackathon at ECMWF to improve the Global Flood Awareness System (GloFAS) | Reading, 16/17 Jan 2016

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Dec 5 02:59:47 PST 2015

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for these updates from Europa challenge. This is exactly why initiatives like Europa challenge are very important as it will contribute to global efforts in helping equip skills to the next generation to help build resilient cities and communities worldwide . These students from different countries who build tools for a range of applications from earthquake forecasting to flood modelling are all contributing their skills and knowledge to build a better and safer world.

WorldWind and other OSGeo/FOSS tools will help city and municipal administrations globally to have the tools needed for managing their activities and be better prepared for climate change and save precious lives.

Suchith