[Ica-osgeo-labs] Hackathon at ECMWF to improve the Global Flood Awareness System (GloFAS) | Reading, 16/17 Jan 2016

Julia Wagemann wagemann.julia at gmx.de
Mon Dec 7 02:36:23 PST 2015

Suchith, Patrick,

thanks a lot for your responses. I totally agree, that we as a community
have to pool our knowledge and expertise together in order to be better
informed and prepared for extreme weather events. I am currently
involved in the EarthServer initiative and emergency response in
particular is one area ad-hoc webservices will be a very useful and
valuable tool in order to adequately respond and monitor the emergency
in a timely manner.
We as a communityhave to guarantee to provide tools that facilitate data
access, analysis and visualisation (e.g. NASA WebWorldWind) and at the
same time, minimise overall data transport. Please spread the word
around for the GloFAS hackathon at ECMWF in January. I will keep you
updated about the outcomes of the Hackathon.

Julia