[Ica-osgeo-labs] [GeoForAll-UrbanScience] Announcing the release of the Open Source Online What if? planning support system

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 08:19:09 PDT 2015

This is also great timing as we have now got confirmation of acceptance of "OpenCitySmart - The Open Platform for Smart Cities"  for an interactive poster presentation at the forthcoming Earth Observation Open Science 2.0 workshop http://www.eoscience20.org  in Esrin (Frascati, Italy) on 12-14 Oct 2015 to explore to the new challenges and opportunities for EO research created by the rapid advances in Information and Communications Technologies. These include open tools and software, data-intensive science, virtual research environment, e-infrastructure, citizen science, crowdsourcing, advanced visualization, e-learning and education of the new generation of Data scientists . The conference will present precursor activities in EO Open Science and Innovation and develop a Roadmap preparing for future ESA scientific exploitation activities.

Maria and Patrick will be there to present our Urban Science and City Analytics thematic and we can use this opportunity to promote this AURIN development and build more synergies

Suchith