[Ica-osgeo-labs] GeoForAll educational content sharing

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Tue Jul 28 22:10:04 PDT 2015

1) Luca, Your Grass-R course below sounds fantastic course. If you are at
all willing to share the educational content, consider adding an entry on
our Educational Content Metadata system [1, 2].

2) It's great to see that since FOSS4G EU Como we have five new entries
posted by Zoltan Siki -- material in Hungarian [3]. Thanks Zoltan! Others,
if you have a course or a module to share, take 10 minutes and post your
entry to our system [2].

3) What I'm hoping will begin is that GeoForAll colleagues will see these
kinds of educational entries, and if they are interested in using, will
contact the authors for the "source code" of the educational content. If
you then take them and make new derivatives from them, you post metadata
links to your new versions through this system to give back to the
community.

Cheers, Charlie

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/educational_content
[2] http://www.osgeo.org/education
[3]
http://www.osgeo.org/educational_content?filter0=&filter1=&filter2%5B%5D=Hungarian&filter3=

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the course "Temporal and spatial analysis of
> ecological data in an open source environment".
>
> You can find more information on our website [0] or leaflet [1], there
> is also special price for students/early career scientists who are
> part of ICA-OSGeo labs initiative.
>
> Regards
>
> [0] http://gis.cri.fmach.it/grass-gis-and-r-course/
> [1] http://gis.cri.fmach.it/uploads/leaflet_grass_course_2015.pdf
>
> --
> ciao
> Luca
>
> http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
> www.lucadelu.org

Charlie Schweik

Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dept of Environmental Conservation and Center for Public Policy and
Administration

Personal website: http://people.umass.edu/cschweik
Publications: http://works.bepress.com/charles_schweik/

Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545