[Ica-osgeo-labs] NASA Just Went Open Source

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jun 9 06:07:35 PDT 2015

I agree, this is great news but be careful with the use of the term
"Open Source"; I am noticing many agencies and companies these days who
are calling themselves Open Source but there is no way for community
members to contribute code to their projects.  That is where foundations
such as OSGeo come in, to help these orgs take that next step (it's not
that scary!) :)

Thanks again to NASA for making their tools available.

-jeff