[Ica-osgeo-labs] [GeoForAll-UrbanScience] A quick favor -- information on the city your GeoForAll lab is near

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Sun Jun 21 14:49:19 PDT 2015

Charlie,
We couldn’t get a better definition of the goal and the kind of thinking needed
to achieve a SmartCity app than the Helsinki city plan ^though^ it does ‘not’ deal with
the mundane infrastructure such as water, sewer, power and the like. . .

1.       aerial imagery

2.       elevation data

3.       place names

4.       buildings

5.       utilities

6.       parks

7.       wetlands

8.       creeks

9.       streams

10.   rivers

11.   habitats for native and invasive species

12.   rights of way

13.   street systems

14.   storm drainage

15.   water distribution systems

16.   power distribution systems

17.   waste water systems

18.   parcel information

19.   building permits

20.   construction zones, etc.

This begins the essential mundane:
http://nsdinow.org/SDI_Now_02/Technical_Support.html

City of Springfield ‘CitySmart’ app User Instructions:
http://nsdinow.org/SDI_Now_02/Technical_Support_files/Req_MySPFLD_01.pdf

City of Springfield ‘CitySmart’ app Training Guide:
http://nsdinow.org/SDI_Now_02/Technical_Support_files/Instr_mySPFLD_01.pdf
And in Italiano!
http://nsdinow.org/SDI_Now_02/Technical_Support_files/Instr_WW_Tools_01.pdf

For my Lat/Lon, I used Web World Wind,
http://worldwindserver.net/webworldwind/examples/BasicExample.html

Reports by the Helsinki City Planning Department
HELSINKI CITY PLAN
http://www.hel.fi/hel2/ksv/julkaisut/yos_2013-23_en.pdf

[excerpts]
First and foremost, Helsinki is a city with a human scale.
Urban spaces will be designed on terms that suit pedestrians,
not vehicular traffic. In the future, fun cities that are pleasant to live in.
According to the attractive living theme, Helsinki is a socially balanced, dense and
functionally versatile city, in which homes, workplaces, schools and services are
close to one another and can be accessed easily. All everyday services are
within walking or bicycling distance. A wider range of services can be reached
in little time by public transport.