[Ica-osgeo-labs] GeoForAll Como meetings & Grant Sprint

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 02:50:37 PDT 2015

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for this. Your planned NSF proposal will be great start to get colleagues together to discuss ideas/synergies for other bids and collaborations.

All - i suggest that we all make use of the principles and ideas from http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_UrbanScience_CityAnalytics  to any bids that you are part of. For example, i have been invited to join another H2020 consortium bid and i am doing my best to promote  NASA World Wind as the platform for this (instead of using a proprietary platform). As we are not leading the consortium , i have limitations but i am hopeful that all consortium members will see the benefits.

So the main message is please feel free to make use of the ideas and fundamental principles for any bids that you are part of and it doesnt matter which universities win the bids, the important thing is Open Principles win as then everyone benefits.

Best wishes,

Suchith