[Ica-osgeo-labs] Usage of OSGeo Educational Content Inventory in 2015

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 07:59:25 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm creating a new thread since this should get broader attention.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 4:37 AM, Charles Schweik <cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This past email thread [Paper about FOSS into geospatial education,
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/ica-osgeo-labs/2015-June/001804.html]
> reveals our need to develop a better system of sharing educational
> materials. Email posts are just too hard to track over time. At FOSS4G EU
> in Como, Italy next month we intend to have some discussion about this
> strategy.
>
> In the meantime, if you have educational material you'd like to share or
> let others know about, take a few minutes and add entries to the input form
> at [1]. It feeds this searchable educational inventory metadatabase [2].
>
> It would be nice to see some new 2015 entries!

Good point Charlie. It is the best thing we have now and it might work well
if we will actively use it and check the old entries.

I just added our main course:

http://www.osgeo.org/node/1592

I could add now 2 or 3 other courses and 2-4 tutorials but I'm not sure if
this is desirable. How fine scale this should be and which works qualify?

For others, log in using (you need OSGeo ID for it):

https://www.osgeo.org/user

Then add content here:

https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content

And view it here: