[Ica-osgeo-labs] Update on OGC E-Learning material

Luis Bermudez lbermudez at opengeospatial.org
Fri Jun 26 12:55:13 PDT 2015

All,

We have made some progress developing OGC online training material.

I have updated the wiki to reflect the latest. Here we have the logical groupings we are thinking about in order to make the standards easier to digest and explain, and maybe in the future to provide professionals OGC certification.

https://github.com/opengeospatial/e-learning/wiki/Content

The source [1] should be easily reusable. We have design it in a way that the documentation can be easily incorporated in other places (e.g. OCG Live).

For example

- introduction to OGC can be found here in the intro-ogc.rst file [2]
- introduction to WMS 1.3 [3]

We also have demo server with the content created so far:

http://54.68.173.163/el/

Help, feedback and comments are appreciated.

[1] https://github.com/opengeospatial/e-learning/tree/master/source
[2] https://github.com/opengeospatial/e-learning/tree/master/source/ogc/text
[3] https://github.com/opengeospatial/e-learning/blob/master/source/wms/text/basic-main.rst

Enjoy!

Luis Bermudez, Ph.D.
Executive Director Compliance and E-Learning
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
Skype: bermudez_luis
Twitter: @berdez
Tel: +1 301 760 7323