[Ica-osgeo-labs] Update on OGC E-Learning material

Luis Bermudez lbermudez at opengeospatial.org
Mon Jun 29 11:15:50 PDT 2015

Hi Charles

Unfortunately I will not be attending FOSS4G in Como.

Agree that further discussing the development process of educational material, including curation strategies, is an important topic. We should be thinking about continuing using code repositories (e.g. GitHub) to share material in simple formats (md or rst). Ideas for further discussion:
1) releasing/versioning process
2) code/tools to export to other platforms  (blackboard, moodle, etc.)

Please let me know what will be required from OGC to be a collaborator in the Urban Science and City Analytics proposal.
If the data listed in [1] is available via OGC standards, it will be great to have educational materials related to the use of those standards and a practical focused exercise, which I guess matches  the interest from you and Tom M.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_UrbanScience_CityAnalytics

Best Regards,

Luis Bermudez, Ph.D.
Executive Director Compliance and E-Learning
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
Skype: bermudez_luis
Twitter: @berdez
Tel: +1 301 760 7323