[Ica-osgeo-labs] OSGeo-Live - GSoC 2015

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Sat Mar 21 15:34:03 PDT 2015

Dear OSGeo and GSoC activity,

Any reason why we shouldn’t include our interest in a CitySmart app as another target?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_UrbanScience_CityAnalytics
Being successful here, winning that is, will look great on a resume! And a crystal trophy ain’t a bad thing either.

And no reason why the Europa Challenge couldn’t also be used to ‘double-down’ on their effort, whether for this year or an expansion of their work for next year’s Europa Challenge. We have no limitation on where the OS app was previously applied!
http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it/

And many of these capabilities/functionalities wonderfully described by Massimo should probably be tailored specifically for how they would be applied into the Osgeo/GeoForAll CitySmart App, and written into that wiki. We need to de-silo and find the overlap in all of our FOSSy work, wherever possible.

-Patrick