[Ica-osgeo-labs] OpenSensorHub

Christopher Tucker tucker at mapstory.org
Mon Mar 23 05:59:40 PDT 2015

All,

I thought the GeoForAll community might be interested in tracking a new FOSS4G project named OpenSensorHub (www.opensensorhub.org; https://github.com/sensiasoft/sensorhub).  It is a brand new implementation of the Open Geospatial Consortium Sensor Web Enablement (OGC SWE) architecture in Jetty, which can be deployed on Androids, ARM processing boards, and in the Cloud.  It is the creation of Dr. Mike Botts (creator of SensorML), Alex Robin, and their team.  Mike and Alex have, for years, maintained the reference implementation for the OGC SWE architecture in the open source, but never as a community project.  This has now changed.  So, if you are interested in mashing up geospatial sensors of all kinds into your geospatial applications at your GeoForAll labs, this might be of interest to you.  Also, if you are interested in becoming a core contributor, the links are on the page.

I think that this is a pretty cool evolution in OGC SWE and in how we think about mainstream open source geo.

Chris

Dr. Christopher K Tucker
Chairman of the Board of Trustees
The MapStory Foundation