[Ica-osgeo-labs] Urban Sciece/City Analytics (CitySmartApp)

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 31 22:19:36 PDT 2015

Dear OSGeo/FOSS4G/GeoForAll and AllForGeo Musketeers,

See what other cities are doing with regard to world-class ^thinking^ on Urban Management,

https://www.planning.org/awards/2015/

Just one example from those,

https://www.planning.org/awards/2015/economic/

These are beautiful demonstrations for the kind of 'visionary' thinking needed in a CitySmart app!

We need to step down a level or two from these refined solutions and build an open CitySmart app with core capability that facilitate these kind of things to be done, things at the elemental/mechanical level.

We need a common platform (virtual globe) with an open API for the menu system. This will allow any functionality to be added or subtracted. Then the value-added industry, academia and hot-shot hackers can do the rest. How long must we wait? ;-)
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_UrbanScience_CityAnalytics

-Patrick Hogan