[Ica-osgeo-labs] "Geo4All - MapStory Challenge" - FOSS4G 2016 Student Competitions

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Oct 1 01:01:56 PDT 2015

Dear all
I agree with Jeff principles.
During the osgwo event we should shomehow foster osgeo. Everywhere.
I do not want to enter into porocedural details or rules of prize
assignment.
I just would like to see clearly incetivayed the use of osgeo software.
Then also someone who make amzing things mixing proprietary and open source
non-osgeo could win the award.

But to reinforce osgeo brand and to help osgeo projects i would like this
principle clearly promoted.

Then i undrstand geo4all is not osgeo and it can do whatever it believes is
better and osgeo do not have any autoritative role to drive this.

Maxi