[Ica-osgeo-labs] UN report on the future of GeoData

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 3 11:45:33 PST 2016

Suchith and Hristo,
That's a GREAT link that Hristo highlighted!
A great UN document!
It clearly states the importance of our OpenCitySmart. Please join up!
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Opencitysmart
We need everybody working together as the UN report says "'doing more for less'"!!!
UN report excerpt. . .

Future trends in geospatial information management:

Executive Summary
. . .the most significant changes in the geospatial industry will come not through a single technology, but rather from linking multiple technologies and policies. [OSGeo & Geo4All]

Due to increased global urbanisation, it is expected that more focus will be placed on urban environments. The integration of smart technologies and efficient governance models will increase and the mantra of 'doing more for less' is more relevant than ever before. The emerging trends of Smart Cities and the Internet of Things, coupled with of smart resource management and interoperable services, will lead to a focus on citizen services, better land management, and the sustainability of resources.

-Patrick
(650) 604-5656 (office)
(650) 269-2788 (cell)