[Incubator] Re: ArcSDE geotools testing

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Sat Apr 1 12:23:41 EST 2006

Howard Butler wrote:
> An excellent way to discourage support and participation from
> auxiliary organizations is to post their connection information on a
> public maillist.
>
> At 12:43 PM +0200 4/1/06, Jody Garnett wrote:
>> Howard can you confirm that you have permission for the big bad
>> internet (or at least some OSGEO projects) to test against your machine?
>
> Posting the connection information on a public email list is surely
> one way to give the big bad internet a way to come in and wreak havoc.
I am sorry Howard! I did not notice the conversation had gone private on
me ... (I thought this was still on the geotools developers list). My
source forge email has all be marked as spam and has left me without a
lot of communication and caused a great deal of trouble for me telling
what is and what is not on a public email list.

We are turning the spam checks, and I will at least get a better clue in
the days ahead.
Once again, I am really sorry to mess this up.