[Incubator] Project Status Template

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 5 20:29:22 EDT 2006

I am not a big fan of designing a process to fit the tools at hand
however.  Just because it is difficult or impractical with the
current toolset shouldn't be a limiting factor.

One decision we need is to set the bar for project entry into
incubation.  I don't think this can be done immediately but will grow
out of the current effort.

Second is to acknowledge that project that make it into incubation
will use the same infrastructure and mostly identical to official
projects.  There may be another bar that indicates when a project has
reached sufficient maturity within the incubator to justify use of
osgeo resources, although I personally think this will end up being
almost the same as gaining entry to incubation so its probably not
worth it.

what else do we need to about this?

Paul