[Incubator] MapGuide Incubation Status Page posted

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 5 21:39:21 EDT 2006

Robert Bray wrote:
> I have posted the MapGuide Incubation Status page to:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MapGuide_Incubation_Status.
>

> I’ll try and get the code provenance document done this week as well and
> then will begin working on PSC formation next week.

Bob,

In your status page you say:

Has an Incubation committee member been assigned as Mentor?
     Bob Bray is both a member of the incubation comittee and the person
     responsible for incubating MapGuide - Can I be my own mentor?

We haven't actually defined the mentor role, so there isn't an answer
for this question yet.  But Paul and I wrote up:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Incubation_Mentor_Guidelines

In that document, we posit that the "mentor" is really also serving
as an investigator of the state of the project on behalf of the committee
and that they should be independent of the project.  If this overall
definition is accepted you would specifically not be an appropriate
mentor for your own project.  Of course, you could be the mentor for
another project!