Community MapBuilder's automated build and Testing

Linda Derezinski linda-list at innovatesolutions.com
Thu Apr 6 10:45:24 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Linda Derezinski.  I'm one of the
developers working on the Community MapBuilder project.

For the past week I have been lurking on this list as well as reading the
archives.  Cameron asked me to join in the discussions to see what I could
add to the automated build and testing discussions for MapBuilder.

First let me explain what we have in place for Community MapBuilder.

We are using CodeHaus's SVN and I believe that we are planning to maintain
that relationship (we just recently migrated from SourceForge's CVS).

Our testing suite consists of client side automated testing with  FITNesse
via RubyFIT and Watir.  The test suite is far from 100% complete, however it
does exercise most of our demos, testing out some of the widgets, as well as
checking the documentation for valid URLs.  Further details are located here
http://mapbuilder.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Acceptance+Tests+using+Fitnesse

We do not have an automated build/test process in place but there is a CI
server on codehaus which has continuum, CruiseControl and Beatlejuice
available.  However we are a set of javascript files which run on the client
side, so our automated tests run on the client side.

I'm not sure what server side build and testing makes sense for us.

What are the other javascript projects doing for server side build and
testing?

Frank,

Cameron pointed me in your direction as the person to talk about the
build/test issues.

-Linda